Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fun with Flickr


I just finished watching the videos about Photo Sharing and Flickr. As could be predicted, as soon as I was done learning about Flickr, I went into exploration mode. I have been playing with Flickr for a little while now and I see potential this type of service could have as a teacher. In every classroom, there are students who need visual aids (like pictures) to help them understand something. I now realize how easy it will be to find the appropriate photo using Photo Sharing sites like Flickr. It is so very useful to be able to search the photo database by tags in order to find specific photos. Another potential use these websites have is to help find pictures for use in projects. As a student, I (and in the future, my students) will be able to use pictures from Photo Sharing website in my projects (as long as they are not copyrighted).

No comments:

Post a Comment