Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Memletic Style Quiz

I have recently completed the Memletic Styles Quiz. I do have some previous experience with Learning Styles Tests; however, all previous Learning Style Tests I have completed were designed to differentiate between three different learning styles (Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic). My results have always shown that I am a very clear Visual Learner (almost always 100% Visual Learner). A major difference between the previous Learning Styles Tests I have completed and this quiz is that the Memletic Style Quiz is designed to find which learning style you are among seven different styles (Visual, Aural, Verbal, Physical, Logical, Social and Solitary); therefore, I was not sure what to expect.

According to the Memletic Style Quiz Results, I am most strongly a Verbal Style Learner (with a score or 18/20) and an Aural Style Learner (with a score of 16/20). I am in shocked to see that I only score 10/20 in the Visual Learning Style and that this is my second lowest learning style (only Physical Learning Styles was lower).

I did research the definition of Verbal and Aural Learning styles to see what they mean. I now agree that these are definitely on point with my personality. A Verbal Learner is someone who loves reading and writing. Also these learners enjoy word games, rhymes and limericks. An Aural Learner is someone who is passionate about music. There are two activities in my life that I am passionate about. I love to read. I am most happy getting lost in a good book. But more important: Music is in my blood. I have been a member of a choir, a band and an orchestra. I listen to all types of music and enjoy them all for different reasons. I can’t not tap my toe to the music, nor can I stop myself from humming along. I often made up songs to help me memorise things (like the Periodic Table of Elements). Now I see that I am indeed a Verbal Learner and an Aural Learner!

No comments:

Post a Comment